A general study of a colloidal quantum dot luminescent solar concentrator [electronic resource] / by Jeremy J. Low
- Low, Jeremy J.
- Additional Titles:
- Colloidal quantum dot luminescent solar concentrator
- [University Park, Pa.] : Pennsylvania State University, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document (50 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Xu, Jian
- A general study on a luminescent solar concentrator (LSC) was conducted. A Monte Carlo simulation based on ray tracing model was developed as a mean to get a better understanding and find the optimal values for parameters affecting the device performance. The effects of a few selected parameters were discussed and a feasibility study was conducted as well to probe the potential of implementing LSC to reduce the cost of solar electricity generation. It was discovered that a square LSC is more desirable than a rectangular LSC. Unfortunately, the LSC is still not a feasible idea using the lead selenide (PbSe) quantum dots discussed in this paper.
- Other Subject(s):
- Dissertation Note:
- M.S. Pennsylvania State University 2009.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Thesis advisor: Jian Xu.
- Reproduction Note:
- Library holds archival microfiches negative and service copy. 1 fiche. (Micrographics International, 2009)
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as a Adobe Acrobat .pdf file ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 6139440