China in the 21st century : what everyone needs to know / Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom
- Wasserstrom, Jeffrey N.
- Additional Titles:
- China in the twenty-first century
- New York, N.Y. : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 164 pages : map ; 22 cm
- Historical legacies. Schools of thought ; Imperial China ; Revolutions and revolutionaries -- The present and the future. From Mao to now ; U.S.-China misunderstandings ; The future.
- The need to understand this global giant has never been more pressing: China is constantly in the news, yet conflicting impressions abound. Within one generation, China has transformed from an impoverished, repressive state into an economic and political powerhouse. In China in the 21st Century: What Everyone Needs to Know , Jeffrey Wasserstrom provides cogent answers to the most urgent questions regarding the newest superpower and offers a framework for understanding its meteoric rise. --From publisher description.
- 9780195394474 (cloth), 9780195394122 (pbk. : acid-free paper), 019539447X (cloth), and 0195394127 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -155) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6140687