Cerebrospinal fluid in clinical practice [electronic resource] / [edited by] David N. Irani
- Philadelphia, PA : Saunders/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 317 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Irani, David N. and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Given the evolution of cerebrospinal testing (CSF) testing methods, the near future is certain to see an explosion of new CSF analysis methodologies. Broad-based and extensively illustrated, Cerebrospinal Fluid in Clinical Practice provides in-depth coverage of CSF examination and analysis, CSF physiology and pathophysiology, approach to diagnosis, and future directions in CSF analysis. It examines the alterations of the composition of CSF in relation to diseases and disorders of the nervous system, emphasizing the findings that are useful in clinical practice. This expansive reference is perfect regardless of your level of experience in central nervous system diseases. Provides in-depth coverage of CSF examination and analysis, CSF physiology and pathophysiology, approach to diagnosis, and future directions in CSF analysis. Explores the gamut of all CNS infections for a broad but detailed review of the scope of neurological disease. Contains detailed discussion on the proper use of specific diagnostic screens on CSF, so you may gain knowledge on how new diagnostic methods impact clinical medicine. Incorporates extensive illustrations and tables, with visual emphasis on diagnostic, laboratory, and anatomic data.
- 9781416029083 and 1416029087
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 26, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6141994