- Normal skeletal structure and development -- Methods of examination -- Imaging techniques, interpretation, and strategies / Sarah J. Jackson and Judith E. Adams -- The effects of injury and the inflammatory response -- Bone and joint infection -- Diseases resulting from synthesis of abnormal matrix components -- Diseases resulting from disturbances in cell linkage -- Bone disease resulting from disturbances in mineral homeostasis -- Accumulation of abnormal metabolic products and various hematologic disorders -- The dysfunctional joint -- The noninflammatory arthritides -- The inflammatory arthritides -- Disc disease and spinal arthritis -- Tissue response to and complications of orthopaedic implants -- Bone infarction (osteonecrosis) -- Bone-forming tumors and tumor-like conditions -- Cartilage-forming tumors and tumor-like conditions -- Fibrous tumors and tumor-like conditions -- Benign nonmatrix-producing bone tumors -- Malignant non-matrix-producing bone tumors -- Benign soft-tissue tumors -- Malignant soft-tissue tumors.
- Orthopaedic Pathology, 5th Edition, by Peter G. Bullough, MB, ChB, presents a unique, lavishly illustrated account of the pathology of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, and soft tissue and bone tumors. Nearly 2,000 high-quality pathologic slides, diagnostic images, and gross specimens₇side-by-side₇depict the appearance of a wide range of conditions and correlate orthopaedic pathology to clinical practice for greater diagnostic accuracy. Expert Consult functionality₇new to this edition₇offers convenient access to the complete contents of the book online. It₂s the ideal resource for the orthopaedic surgeon and radiologist as well as the trainee and practicing pathologist. Provides extensive coverage of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, soft tissue tumors, bone tumors, and rare disorders₇not just tumors, which most books emphasize₇for guidance on the most commonly seen conditions. Uses nearly 2000 high-quality illustrations₇including pathology, histology, radiologic imaging, and schematic line diagrams₇that present a clear visual correlation between pathology and clinical images to aid in diagnosis. Includes a chapter on imaging techniques, interpretation, and strategies that provides a foundation of knowledge in radiology. Features brief text, including bulleted lists of key points and information, that makes reference quick and learning easy.
- "Expert consult. Online and print."
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 26, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142040