Augmentation mammaplasty [electronic resource] : redefining the patient and surgeon experience / by John B. Tebbetts
- Tebbetts, John B.
- Edinburgh : Mosby, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- ScienceDirect: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , An electronic book accessible through the World Wide Web; click for information
- 1.Foreword -- 2.Introduction -- 3.An historical perspective : implants, surgeons, and the breast implant industry -- 4.Patient education and informed consent -- 5.Imaging of the breast : what pictures can and cannot do -- 6.Quantitating patients' tissue characteristics : the key to taking augmentation to the next level and optimizing long-term outcomes -- 7.Data acquisition and management for breast augmentation : preoperative assessment -- 8.Breast implants and implant soft-tissue dynamics : the next level of surgeon understanding that determines long-term outcomes for the patient -- 9.Implant pocket locations for augmentation -- 10.Incision approaches for augmentation -- 11.Operative planning and implant selection -- 12.Implant volume selection based on tissue criteria : the TEPID TM system -- 13.Preoperative preparation and marking -- 14.Preoperative care and anesthesia for augmentation -- 15.Surgical techniques and instrumentation for augmentation: the essential principles -- 16.The inframammary approach for augmentation -- 17.The axillary approach for augmentation -- 18.The periareolar approach for augmentation -- 19.The umbilical approach for augmentation -- 20.Perioperative and postoperative care -- 21.Redefining patient recovery : 24-hour return to normal activities -- 22.Management of specific breast deformities and problems -- 23.Augmentation : mastopexy -- 24.Capsular contracture and tissue stretch: factors the patients and surgeon can₂t control -- 25.Complications of breast augmentation: decisions and methods -- 26.Surgical facility design and management -- 27.Experience with saline anatomic breast implants : the McGhan Style 468 -- 28.Experience with saline anatomic breast implants : the McGhan Style 410 -- 29.The future: challenges and directions.
- John B. Tebbetts, MD, a pioneer in the field of breast augmentation, redefines the surgeon/patient experience in this comprehensive book. By exhaustively covering everything you need to know about breast augmentation, Dr. Tebbets allows for tightly focused guidance that is principle- rather than experienced-based, with numerous decision-making algorithms and outcome-based techniques, not just one-answer solutions. The book addresses topics that range from anesthesia and case studies of specific implants to practical matters like practice management. Focuses exclusively on breast augmentation to make coverage as comprehensive as possible. Includes much-needed information on practice management, including patient consent, systems analysis, marketing, and data acquisitions. Addresses pre-, intra-, and postoperative care of patient for guidance from start to finish. Utilizes a separate chapter for each approach to breast augmentation: inframammary, axillary, periaereolar, or umbilical. Incorporates case studies of specific implants to help you make the right decision for your patients. Details TEPID (Tissue characteristics of the Envelope and Parenchyma, the Implant, and Dimensions and filler dynamics of the implant) system: the first three-dimensional modeling system for quantitating tissue characteristics.
- Includes index.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 26, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142053