Virtualization for security [electronic resource] : including sandboxing, disaster recovery, high availability, forensic analysis, and honeypotting / John Hoopes, technical editor ; Aaron Bawcom [and others].
- Burlington, MA : Syngress Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 357 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hoopes, John and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- An introduction to virtualization -- Choosing the right solution for the task -- Building a sandbox -- Configuring the virtual machine -- Honeypotting -- Malware analysis -- Application testing -- Fuzzing -- Forensic analysis -- Disaster recovery -- High availability : reset to good -- Best of both worlds : dual booting -- Protection in untrusted environments -- Training.
- One of the biggest buzzwords in the IT industry for the past few years, virtualization has matured into a practical requirement for many best-practice business scenarios, becoming an invaluable tool for security professionals at companies of every size. In addition to saving time and other resources, virtualization affords unprecedented means for intrusion and malware detection, prevention, recovery, and analysis. Taking a practical approach in a growing market underserved by books, this hands-on title is the first to combine in one place the most important and sought-after uses of virtualization for enhanced security, including sandboxing, disaster recovery and high availability, forensic analysis, and honeypotting.
- Includes index.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 3, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142162