Exergy [electronic resource] : energy, environment, and sustainable development / Ibrahim Dincer and Marc A. Rosen
- Preface -- Acknowledgement -- Chapter 1. Thermodynamic Fundamentals -- Chapter 2. Energy and Exergy Analyses -- Chapter 3. Exergy, Environment and Sustainable Development -- Chapter 4. Exergy of Applications by Industry -- Chapter 5. Exergy in Policy Development and Education -- Chapter 6. Exergy Analysis of Psychrometric Processes -- Chapter 7. Exergy Analysis of Heat Pump Systems -- Chapter 8. Exergy Analysis of Drying Processes and Systems -- Chapter 9. Exergy Analysis of Thermal Energy Storage Systems -- Chapter 10. Exergy Analysis of Renewable Energy Systems -- Chapter 11. Exergy Analysis of Steam Power Plants -- Chapter 12. Exergy Analysis of Cogeneration and District Energy Systems -- Chapter 13. Exergy Analysis of Cryogenic Systems -- Chapter 14. Exergy Analysis of Crude Oil Distillation Systems -- Chapter 15. Exergy Analysis of Fuel Cell Systems -- Chapter 16. Exergy Analysis of Aircraft Systems -- Chapter 17. Exergoeconomic Analysis of Thermal Systems -- Chapter 18. Sectoral Exergy Analysis -- Chapter 19. Exergetic Life Cycle Assessment -- Chapter 20. Exergy and Industrial Ecology -- Nomenclature -- References -- Appendix A. Glossary -- Appendix B. Conversion Factors -- Appendix C. Thermophysical Properties -- Subject Index.
- This book deals with exergy and its applications to various energy systems and applications as a potential tool for design, analysis and optimization, and its role in minimizing and/or eliminating environmental impacts and providing sustainable development. In this regard, several key topics ranging from the basics of the thermodynamic concepts to advanced exergy analysis techniques in a wide range of applications are covered as outlined in the contents. - Comprehensive coverage of exergy and its applications - Connects exergy with three essential areas in terms of energy, environment and sustainable development - Presents the most up-to-date information in the area with recent developments - Provides a number of illustrative examples, practical applications, and case studies - Easy to follow style, starting from the basics to the advanced systems.
- 9780080531359 (ebook), 0080531350 (ebook), 9780080531359, 9780080445298, and 0080445292
- Title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed Oct. 26, 2009). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -439) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142374