Nonlinear magnetization dynamics in nanosystems [electronic resource] / Giorgio Bertotti, Isaak D. Mayergoyz, Claudio Serpico
- Bertotti, Giorgio
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 466 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Mayergoyz, I. D. and Serpico, Claudio
- Elsevier series in electromagnetism
- Basic equations for magnetization dynamics -- Spatially uniform magnetization dynamics -- Precessional magnetization dynamics -- Dissipative magnetization dynamics --Magnetization switching -- Magnetization dynamics under time-harmonic excitation -- Spin-waves and parametric instabilities -- Spin-transfer-driven magnetization dynamics -- Stochastic magnetization dynamics -- Numerical techniques for magnetization dynamics analysis.
- As data transfer rates increase within the magnetic recording industry, improvements in device performance and reliability crucially depend on the thorough understanding of nonlinear magnetization dynamics at a sub-nanoscale level. This book offers a modern, stimulating approach to the subject of nonlinear magnetization dynamics by discussing important aspects such as the Landau-Lifshitz-Gilbert (LLG) equation, analytical solutions, and the connection between the general topological and structural aspects of dynamics. An advanced reference for the study and understanding of nonlinear magnetization dynamics, it addresses situations such as the understanding of spin dynamics in short time scales and device performance and reliability in magnetic recording. Topics covered include nonlinear magnetization dynamics and the Landau-Lifshitz-Gilbert equation, nonlinear dynamical systems, spin waves, ferromagnetic resonance and pulsed magnetization switching. The book explains how to derive exact analytical solutions for the complete nonlinear problem and emphasises the connection between the general topological and structural aspects of nonlinear magnetization dynamics and the discretization schemes better suited to its numerical study. It is an exceptional research tool providing an advanced understanding of the study of magnetization dynamics in situations of fundamental and technological interest.
- 9780080913797 (electronic bk.)
0080913792 (electronic bk.)
9780080443164 (electronic bk.)
0080443168 (electronic bk.)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 401-445) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142697