Environmental futures [electronic resource] : the practice of environmental scenario analysis / edited by Joseph Alcamo
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2008.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 197 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Alcamo, Joseph and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Developments in integrated environmental assessment ; v. 2
- Preface. 1.Introduction. 2. Towards Guidelines of Environmental Scenario Analysis. 3. Environmental Scenarios. A Survey. 4. Searching for the Future of Land: Scenarios from the Local to Global Scale. 5. Participation in Building Environmental Scenarios. 6. Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Scenarios of the Environment. 7. Scale Issues in Environmental Scenarios Development. 8. Trend Discontinuities and Surprises in Environmental Scenarios. 9. Closing Chapter.
- As scientists and policymakers try to come to grips with problems such as climate change and risks to biodiversity, they turn more and more frequently to the method of scenario analysis to better understand the future of these problems. Over the last few years scenario analysis has become one of the key tools for bridging environmental science and policy. This is the first book to sum up the current practice of environmental scenario analysis and to propose directions for improving its quality and effectiveness.
- 9780444532930 and 0444532935
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 3, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142760