Principles of pulmonary medicine [electronic resource] / Steven E. Weinberger, Barbara A. Cockrill, Jess Mandel
- Weinberger, Steven E.
- Philadelphia : Saunders/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 386 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cockrill, Barbara A., Mandel, Jess, and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Pulmonary anatomy and physiology - the basics -- Presentation of the patient with pulmonary disease -- Evaluation of the patient with pulmonary disease -- Anatomic and physiologic aspects of airways -- Asthma -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Miscellaneous airway diseases -- Anatomic and physiologic aspects of the pulmonary parenchyma -- Overview of diffuse parenchymal lung diseases -- Diffuse parenchymal lung diseases associated with known etiologic agents -- Diffuse parenchymal lung diseases of unknown etiology -- Anatomic and physiologic aspects of the pulmonary vasculature -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Pleural disease -- Mediastinal disease -- Anatomic and physiologic aspects of neural, muscular, and chest wall interactions with the lungs -- Disorders of ventilatory control -- Disorders of the respiratory pump -- Lung cancer: etiologic and pathologic aspects -- Lung cancer: clinical aspects -- Lung defense mechanisms -- Pneumonia -- Tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacteria -- Miscellaneous infections caused by fungi and pneumocystis -- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Classification and pathophysiologic aspects of respiratory failure -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Management of respiratory failure.
- 9781437711202 and 1437711200
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on May 15, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142794