Handbook of deposition technologies for films and coatings [electronic resource] : science, applications and technology / edited by Peter M. Martin
- Norwich, N.Y. : William Andrew, 2009. and Oxford : Elsevier Science
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Peter M. and ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Deposition Technologies: An Overview (Martin); Plasmas in Deposition Processes (Joe Greene, Scott Walton); Surface Preparation for Film and Coating Deposition Processes (Don Mattox); Evaporation: Processes, Bulk Microstructures and Mechanical Properties (Ismat Shaw); Sputter Deposition Processes (Roger DeGryse, David Glocker, Joe Greene); Ion Plating (Don Mattox); Chemical Vapor Deposition/ Atomic Layer Deposition (Arto Pakalla); Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (Ludvik Martinu, Jolanta Klemberg-Sapieha); Plasma-Assisted Vapor Deposition Processes (Scott Walton); Filtered and Unfiltered Cathodic Arc Processes (Andre Anders); Polymer Deposition Processes (Mark Gross, Gordon Graff); Nucleation, Film Growth and Microstructural Evolution (Joe Greene); Sculpted Thin Films (Kevin Robbie); Metallurgical Applications (Ali Erdemir, Andrey Voedevin); Advanced Thermal Spray Deposition Techniques (Tucker); Non-Elemental Characterization of Films and Coatings (Don Mattox); Characterization of Films and Coatings (John Grant); Emerging Technologies (Hana Barankova, Ladislov Bardos).
- Recent years have seen a rapid expansion in the applications of advanced thin film coatings in areas including photovoltaics, energy conversion, energy efficiency, biomedical engineering, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and flat panel displays. In a tough economic climate, surface engineering remains a growth industry, because surface engineered products improve performance, increase energy efficiency, add functionality and reduce costs. This fully updated edition of Handbook of Deposition Technologies for Films and Coatings explores these new applications, and the major advances in deposition processes and technologies that have made them possible. The aim of this handbook is to provide scientists and engineers with detailed and practical information on: Deposition processes for thin film coatings Surface engineering Advanced thin film applications and structures Relationships between deposition process parameters and thin film microstructure Nucleation and thin film growth processes Sculpted thin films Characterization of composition, bonding, and microstructure The role of plasmas in thin film growth In this third edition, extensive new material has been added throughout the book, especially in the areas concerned with plasma assisted vapor deposition processes and metallurgical coating applications. Peter M. Martin gained his PhD in Solid State Physics from Ohio State University and was a Post Doctoral Fellow at Carnegie-Mellon University. Dr Martin has been instrumental in developing patterned optical coatings for optical filtering, microwave shielding, and non-linear optical applications. - Explains in depth the many recent improvements in deposition technologies and applications - Thoroughly explains deposition technologies and their current applications - Discusses the numerous 'frontier areas' for the applications of the products of deposition technology.
- 9780815520313 and 081552031X
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 14, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6142920