The eract dealer's daily companion [electronic resource] : Instructing him throughly in all things absolately neccesary to be known by all those who would thrive in the world; and in the whole art and mystery of trade and traffick, &c. containing, a table of accounts ready cast up, for the buying or selling of any commodity, either by number, weight of measure: with a table shewing the interest, or rebace of any sum of money at 5 and 6 percent, &c. shewing the principal cities and market-towns in Great Britain and Wales, and what days of the week they are kept on; with the distance of one city and market-town from another; and in what country each city and town lies, very useful for all wholesale dealers and tradesmen. Likewise an alphabetical account of all the carriers, waggoners, and stage-coaches that come to London, Westminster, and Southwark, form all parts of England and Wales, with their days of going out. To which is added, The travellers guide, and others that go to country fairs and markets, &c. likewise rules, orders, and rates of hackney coach-men, car-men, and the fares of water-men, as they are set forth by the lord-mayor, and Court of Aldermen: and other matters not before made publick. Compos'd by N.H. merchant, in the city of London
- N. H.
- Uniform Title:
- Compleat tradesman
- London : Printed by T. Norris, at the Looking-glasls on London bridge, and sold by the booksellers, 1721.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 191, 1 unnumbered page : tables ; 12⁰.
- Running title: 'The compleat tradesman: or, the exact dealer's daily companion'.
First published in 1684 as 'The compleat tradesman'.
Price on title page: Price One Shilling.
Reproduction of original from University of London's Goldsmiths' Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N7654.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Goldsmiths', 5942
View MARC record | catkey: 6143652