Gleanings of natural history, exhibiting figures of quadrupeds, birds, insects, plants, &c [electronic resource] : Most of which have not, till now, been either figured or described. With descriptions of seventy different subjects, designed, engraved, and coloured after nature, of fifty copper-plate prints. By George Edwards, fellow of the Royal Society, and of the Society of Antiquaries, London
- Edwards, George, 1694-1773
- London : Printed for the author, at the Royal College of Physicians, in Warwick-Lane, MDCCLVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes,plates : portrait ; 2⁰.
- Regarded as a continuation of the author's 'Histoire naturelle d'oiseaux'., Parallel French and English texts, with the French translation by J. du Plessis (vols. 1-2) and Edmond Barker (vol. 3)., With an additional titlepage in French, 'Glanures d'histoire naturelle', in each volume., Vols. 2 and 3 are dated 1760 and 1764., With lists of subscribers in volumes 2 and 3., Reproduction of original from "Department of Special Collections, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas"., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N18047.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6144545