The plate-glass-book [electronic resource] : Consisting of the following authentic tables. I. The value of any looking-glass when finished, and fit for framing. II. The glass-house table; shewing the value of the rough-plate, and also of the rough-plate and duty. III. The prices of grinding, polishing, silvering, and diamond-cutting the several marks or sizes. IV. The value of a looking-glass when accidentally broken, or designedly divided. V. The several discounts made at the glass-houses. To which is prefixed, an explanation of the tables: and a preface, demonstrating the fallibility and incorrectness of all written tables and wooden rules, for the valuing of plate-glass. With some observations concerning the nature and antiquity of glass in general. Of plate or looking-glass; of the ingredients of which it is made, and the time it requires for founding; of the manner of grinding, polishing, and silvering it. Also of the different colours of plate-glass; and at what rate the several hazards attending the working, silvering, framing, and packing of it ought to be estimated. Also of mirrors both concave and convex. By a Glass-House clerk. The fourth edition, enlarged. To which is added, the compleat appraiser. Consisting of ninety-odd tables, with instructions for the valuing of kitchen and household furniture, &c. &c.
- Glass-house clerk
- London : Printed for the author; and sold by W. Owen, near Temple-Bar, in Fleet-Street; J. Coote; in Pater-noster-Row; Piers and Webley, near Chancery lane, Holborn; J. Bennet in Crown-Court; near St. Ann's, Soho; N. Hill in Chancery-lane; Ch. Stedman in Leadenball-Street; and J. Goater at Execution-Dock, Wapping, 1764.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 1 unnumbered page, 170, 2 unnumbered pages, iv, 46, 46a-h, 47-74 pages : illustrations ; long 12⁰.
- Price on title page: Price bound 3s. 6.d, Reproduction of original from British Library., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N20341.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6144877