The handmaid to the arts [electronic resource] : Vol. the first. Teaching, I. A perfect knowledge of the materia pictoria; or, the nature, use, preparation, and composition, of all the various substances employed in painting, as well vehicles, dryers, &c. as colours; including those peculiar to enamel and painting on glass. ...
- Dossie, Robert, -1777
- London : printed for J. Nourse, bookseller in Ordinary to his Majesty, MDCCLXIV. 
- The second edition, with considerable additions and improvements.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 8⁰.
- Anonymous. By Robert Dossie.
In this second edition the vol.1 titlepage, eighth line, reads: "teria pictoria; or, the nature,"; the second line of the imprint reads: "printed for J. Nourse, bookseller in ordinary to his".
The titlepage to vol.2 reads: ".. Teaching, I. The preparation of inks, .. VI. The manner of preparing and moulding papier mache, ..".
Vol. the second. Teaching I. The preparation of inks, cements, and sealing-wax, of every king. ...
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N32883.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6146580