A new introduction to trade and business, very useful for youth of both sexes [electronic resource] : Wherein is contained a great variety of receipts for money, goods, &c. promissory notes, bills of exchange, bills of parcels, and bills on book debts. With ample instructions how to form them. Also several instructive exercises, disbursements, week's expences, goods bought at sales, &c. to which are added, I. Commercial and epistolary correspondence, exemplified in various forms of business, and familiar letters. II. A list of the most common abbreviations of words for the dispatch of business. III. Arithmetical tables, of weights and measures. IV. A new set of questions to exercise the learner in several of the rules of arithmetic, by way of amusement, as well as improvement. V. The explanation and use of the frontispiece, or perpetual almanac. The eighth edition, corrected and improved. With copper plates neatly engraved. By Peter Hudson. Author of 'The French scholar's guide,' &c. and other schoolmasters. Designed for the use of schools, and youth in general
- Hudson, Peter
- London : printed for J. Johnson, No. 72, St. Paul's Church-Yard, MDCCXCV. 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 2 unnumbered pages, 116, 4 unnumbered pages, plates ; 12⁰.
- With two final advertisement leaves.
Price on title page: Price One Shilling and Sixpence bound.
Reproduction of original from University of London's Goldsmiths' Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N41856.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Goldsmiths', 16209
View MARC record | catkey: 6147484