England's bloody tribunal: or, Popish cruelty displayed [electronic resource] : Containing a compleat account of the lives, religious principles, cruel persecutions, sufferings, tortures, and triumphant deaths, of the most pious English Protestant martyrs, who have sealed the faith of our holy religion with their blood. Exhibiting a full view of popery, with all its superstitious and horrid practices; and tending to promote the Protestant religion, by displaying the errors of popish idolatry, and confirming the true believer in the faith of Our Blessed Redemmer, who was crucified for our sins, and rose again for our justification, and now sitteth at the right hand of God, making intercession for us. To which is added, a faithful narrative of the many horrid cruelties and persecutions that have been inflicted by the Roman Catholics on the Protestants of Scotland, Ireland, France and Germany. With a particular description of the various tortures and barbarities, that have been and are practiced by the inquisition in different parts of the world. Also the lives of the primitive reformers, whose effigies are given in the frontispiece to this work. Together with a full and plain refutation of the errors of the Romish Church, laid down in such a manner as to enable the unlearned Protestants to confute the chief arguments of the most artful popist priests and their emissaries. By the Reverend Matthew Taylor, D.D. By the King's authority
- Taylor, Matthew, D.D.
- London : Printed for J. Cooke, at Shakespear's-Head, Pater-Noster-Row, MDCCLXXVI. 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 491, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations ; 4⁰.
- Reproduction of original from Library of Congress. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N65554.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6149420