The English pilot [electronic resource] : The fourth book, describing West-India navigation, from Hudson's-Bay to the river Amazones. Particularly delineating the sea-coasts, capes, headlands, rivers, bays, roads, havens, harbours, straits, rocks, sands, shoals, banks, depths, of water and anchorage, with all the islands therein, as Jamaica, Cuba, Hispaniola, Barbadoes, Antigua, Bermudas, Porto-Rico, and the rest of the Caribbee and Bahama Islands. Also a new description of Newfoundland, New-England, New-York, East and West New-Jersey, Dellawar-Bay, Virginia, Maryland, and Carolina, &c. Shewing the courses and distances from one place to another, the ebbing and flowing of the sea, the setting of the tides and currents, &c. with many other things necessary to be known in navigation. The whole being much enlarged and corrected, with the additions of several new charts and descriptions. By the information of divers able navigators of our own and other nations
- Uniform Title:
- English pilot. Book 4.
- London : Printed for W. and J. Mount, T. Page and Son, on Tower-Hill, M,DCC,LXI. 
- Physical Description:
- 4,3-66 pages, plates : illustrations,maps ; 2⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Thornton, John, 1641-1708 and Fisher, William, active 1669-1691
- The 'English pilot' series was first initiated by John Seller, but "The fourth book" was originally issued under the partnership of William Fisher and John Thornton (NUC; Verner).
Reproduction of original from Boston Public Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, N65954.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Tooley, R.V. Maps and map-makers, p. 61
View MARC record | catkey: 6149456