The museum: or, the Literary and historical register [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
Literary and historical register
- London [England] : printed for R[obert]. Dodsley in Pall-mall, M.DCC.XLVI-M.DCC.XLVII. [1746-1747]
- Physical Description:
- 39 volumes ; 8⁰�(23 cm).
- Additional Creators:
- Akenside, Mark, 1721-1770
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- [Volume the first] Numb. I. (Saturday, March 29. 1746.)-[Volume the third.] Numb. XXXIX. (Saturday, September 12. 1747.).
- Publication Frequency:
- Biweekly (cumulated every thirteen numbers)
- Editor: Mark Akenside.
Founded and published by Robert Dodsley.
Issue title repeated as wrapper and volume title.
Volume titlepages in red and black.
With vignette of Orpheus being approached by his muse on cumulative title pages, and ornamental headpiece above caption title of each number.
Number and date of issue from wrapper and first page of biweekly numbers; volume numbers given on cumulative title pages and on direction line of each issue.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, P1969.
- Special Numbering:
- Paginated continuously within each volume; pagination somewhat irregular.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Index Note:
- Cumulative volumes have name, subject, poetry indexes.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1332
Times handlist, p. 41
Stewart, P. Brit. newspapers, 174
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present, 51575
View MARC record | catkey: 6150036