The Isle of Wight magazine [electronic resource] : for ...
- Newport [Isle of Wight, England] : printed for and by John Albin, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume ; 17 cm (12⁰)
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- 1799 [Jan.-Dec. + supp.].
- Publication Frequency:
- Annual (collected issues)
- Title page is engraved.
Title repeated as caption in each monthly issue.
Title and date repeated as running title.
Imprint lacks date; year of publication from note to readers at end of annual supplement: Newport, Jan. 31, 1800.
Note at end of supplement reads in part: "[the editor] finds himself obliged to discontinue the publication of the Isle of Wight magazine".
Monthly title pages include table of contents.
General miscellany, including articles on history, biographical anecdotes, accounts of interesting places, monthly political and agricultural reports, marriage and death announcements, troop movements in the area, puzzles, and poetry selections. The supplement includes additional poetry.
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, P3042.
- Special Numbering:
- Both annual volume and monthly issues lack numerical designation.
No more published.
- Supplement Note:
- With supplement.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Index Note:
- Subjects and poetry titles.
- Complexity Note:
- Collects monthly issues of this title.
View MARC record | catkey: 6150203