The Court miscellany, or, Ladies new magazine [electronic resource] : Containing a ... variety of original pieces in prose and verse ... By Matilda Wentworth, of Piccadilly, and others
- Uniform Title:
- Court miscellany, or Ladies new magazine (London, England : Collected issues)
- Additional Titles:
- Court miscellany
Ladies new magazine
- London [England] : printed for Richardson and Urquhart at the Royal Exchange, MDCCLXV. 
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume, plates : portraits, tables, engr. music ; 21 cm (8⁰)
- Additional Creators:
- Kelly, Hugh, 1739-1777
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol I. [July, 1765.-December, 1765.].
- Biography—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- History—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Travel writing—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Romances, English—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Fiction, English—18th century—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- English poetry—18th century—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Great Britain—History—George III, 1760-1820—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Publication Frequency:
- Semiannual (collected issues)
- Editor: Hugh Kelly.
'Matilda Wentworth' is a pseudonym used by Kelly for his contributions to this periodical.
Title pages are engraved.
With title page vignettes.
Main title repeated as caption on first page of text of monthly issues.
Monthly issues in copy cataloged lack title pages or wrappers.
Printed in two columns, with headpieces above captions.
Includes selections from published fiction, history, travel, biography, belles lettres, anecdotes and literary commentary; issues include 'Theatrical intelligence', and a monthly chronicle with births, marriages, deaths, preferments and poetry selections.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, P3076.
- Special Numbering:
- Monthly issues unnumbered; chronological designation only.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Index Note:
- Subjects; poetry.
- Complexity Note:
- Collects, with added indexes and a table of stock prices, monthly issues of: The Court miscellany, or Ladies new magazine.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Sullivan, A. British literary magazines, p. 57-62
Crane & Kaye, 147
Times handlist, p. 43
View MARC record | catkey: 6150218