Athenæ redivivæ: or, the new Athenian oracle [electronic resource] : under three general heads, viz. the divine, philosophick, and secret oracle
- Additional Titles:
- Athenae Redivivae, New Athenian oracle, New Athenian oracle, divine, philosophick, and secret Pt. 1, Athenæ redivivæ: or, the new Athenian oracle, under three general heads, viz. the divine, philosophick, and secret oracle Pt. 2-<5>, and New Athenian Oracle [Vol. no., part no.]
- London [England] : printed by Geo. Larkin, for S. Malthus, in London-House-Yard, at the west end of St. Pauls, 1704.
- Physical Description:
- 6 volumes ; 20 cm (8⁰)
- Additional Creators:
- Dunton, John, 1659-1733, Larkin, George, approximately 1642-, and Malthus, Sarah, active approximately 1700-1706
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol. I. Part I. [2 June 1704]- and Ceased with part 6, Nov. 1704.
- Publication Frequency:
- Editor: John Dunton., First issue has title page with added caption title; later issues have only caption titles., "To be continued in this method, till the question-project is compleated.", Title page bordered by double rule, with first two title words in black letter., Imprints include year of publication., No. 2-5 have colophons, "printed for S. Malthus," at the same address as no. 1., Colophons vary slightly., Essays on varied topics including religion, morals, science, manners, and relations between the sexes, posed as question and answer. With poetry and advertisements for new books., Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, P3309.
- Special Numbering:
- Issues lack chronological designation; month and date given in MS. in contemporary hand at foot of p. of each issue.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- McLeod, W. and V. Graphical directory 1702-1714, p.1
View MARC record | catkey: 6150260