The Newcastle weekly magazine; or Compendium of politics, literature, and amusement [electronic resource] : By a society of gentlemen: ...
- Additional Titles:
- Compendium of politics, literature, and amusement, Newcastle weekly magazine, &c, and Newcastle weekly magazine [date]
- Newcastle upon Tyne [England] : printed by T. Robson and Co. for the editors, and sold at their printing-office, on the Side, and all the booksellers in town and country, [1776-]
- Physical Description:
- volumes : tables (some folded) ; 21 cm (8⁰)
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol. I. [For July 31, 1776-December 25, 1776]-
- Related Titles:
- Historical register (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England : 1776)
- Publication Frequency:
- Semiannual (cumulation)
- Main title repeated as caption and running title., From title page: "Containing original essays, and extracts from the best political publications: likewise a historical register, of foreign and domestic intelligence; with a variety of poetical pieces.", Imprint lacks date; year of publication from dates of issues., Internal title pages and caption titles lacking for all issues after no. 1., First issue includes fold-out table of distances in North America., With continuous pagination and signatures, except for the 'History Register', which has its own pagination, dating, and numbering for no. 1-10 (Wednesday, July 31-Wednesday, Octber 2, 1776)., Poetry section, normally one leaf, in issue no. 10 expanded to 45 pp., Includes essays on moral and literary topics, with selections from biographies of famous people. The historical register includes American political and war news, with table of colonial troops, Newcastle current events, and excerpts from the London gazette; births, marriages, and deaths., Reproduction of original from British Library., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, P6053.
- Special Numbering:
- Volume title page lacks designation; volume number from caption of first issue. and Weekly issues lack numerical designation; dated from running title.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Complexity Note:
- Cumulates the weekly issues of: The Newcastle weekly magazine.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1351
View MARC record | catkey: 6150323