The baths of the Romans explained and illustrated [electronic resource] : With the restorations of palladio corrected and improved. To which is prefixed, an introductory preface, pointing out the nature of the work. And a dissertation upon the state of the arts during the different periods of the Roman Empire. By Charles Cameron, architect
- Cameron, Charles, approximately 1743-1812
- London : Printed by George Scott, Chancery Lane: and to be had of the author, next door to Egremunt-House, Piccadilly, MDCCLXXII. 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, iv, 65, 3 unnumbered pages, iv, 68 pages, LXXV[i.e.78]plates : illustrations ; 2⁰.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Full text online
- Second arabic page sequence contains a version of the text in French, with a separate titlepage: 'Description des bains ..'.
In the numbering of the plates, XII and XVI are used twice; plate [I] occurs twice, facing chapter I of both the French and English texts.
With an engraved frontispiece, based on that of Burlington's 'Fabbriche antiche ..', 1730, and an engraved dedication to the Earl of Bute.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T21409.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Fowler, 75
View MARC record | catkey: 6152574