Proof, in the conjoined processes, George-James Duke of Hamilton, Lord Douglas Hamilton, and their tutors, and Sir Hew Dalrymple of Northberwick, Baronet, pursuers, against the person pretending to be Archibald Stewart, alias Douglas, only son now on life of the marriage between Colonel John Stewart, afterwards Sir John Stewart of Grandtully, and Lady Jane Douglas, Sister-German of Archibald Duke of Douglas, defender, for reducing the service of the said Archibald Stewart, as nearest and lawful heir of tailzie and provision, in general, of the said Archibald Duke of Douglas, dated Sept. 9. 1761 [electronic resource] : The pursuers proof. To which are prefixed, the condescendence of facts, which was given in to court in June 1763. Before issuing the commission, and then offered to be proved by the pursuers;-and, a table of the concents of the proof that has been taken, arranging the facts proved according to the order of time. and to which are annexed. An alphabetical index of the names of the witnesses, &c. -and, a table, which points out, reciprocally the corresponding pages in which the French originals and the English translations are to be found. Printed in obedience to two interlocutors of the Lords of session, of date December 19. 1765, and February 4. 1766
- Hamilton, James George Hamilton, Duke of, 1755-1769
- [Edinburgh?] : [publisher not identified], [1766?]
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 1 unnumbered page, xlvii, 1 unnumbered page, 18, 62, *63*-*64*, 63-400, *401*-*445*, 1 unnumbered page, 401-493, 1 unnumbered page, 513-627, 1 unnumbered page, 701-1, 116, 8 unnumbered pages, tables ; 4⁰.
- In English and French.
The pagination is irregular, but the text is complete.
Additional pages numbered with asterisks are interpolated throughout.
Reproduction of original from Trinity College Library Watkinson Collection.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T102266.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6158732