The vegetable system [electronic resource] : Or, The internal structure and the life of plants; their parts, and nourishment, explained; their classes, orders, genera, and species, ascertained, and described; in a method altogether new: comprehending an artificial index, and a natural system. With figures of all plants. Designed and engraved by the author. The whole from nature only. By John Hill, M.D. member of the Imperial Academy, &c. &c. The second edition: corrected by the author; and with all the plates retouched and improved. Vol. I. Containing a new anatomy of plants
- Hill, John, 1714?-1775
- London : Printed for the author in St. James's-Street: and sold by R. Baldwin in Pater-Noster-Row; J. Ridley in St. James's-Street; B. White in Fleet-Street; L. Davis in Holborn; J. Robson, in Bond-Street; P. Elmsly, and J. Cambell, in the Strand; and J. Balfour, at Edinburgh, M.DDC.LXXIII. 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 150, 2 unnumbered pages, 21 plates ; 2⁰.
- With an index.
Printed when the stock of the second edition of vol. 1, 1770, was exhausted.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T109111.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Henrey, 832
View MARC record | catkey: 6158922