The marrow of the mathematicks, made plain and easie to the understanding of any ordinary capacity [electronic resource] : Containing the doctrines of arithmetick, geometry, astronomy, gauging, the use of the sector, surveying, dialling, and the art of navigation, &c. illustrated with several cuts for the better explanation of the whole matter. After a new, compendious, easy method. To which is added, measuring surfaces and solids, such as plank, timber, stone, &c. joiners, carpenters, bricklayers, glasiers, painters and paviers work: each proposition being wrought vulgarly, decimally, practically and instrumentally. With a small tract of gauging wine, ale, or malt, without inches, or division, by which any one may gauge ten backs, or floors of malt, in the same time another shall gauge one, by the way now used: altogether new. By W. Pickering
- Pickering, W. (William)
- Uniform Title:
- Marrow of the mathematicks
- London : Printed by T.W. for H. Tracy at the Three Bibles on London-Bridge, 1724.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 448 pages : illustrations ; 12⁰.
- A reissue of the 1710 edition, with a cancel titlepage.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T118987.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6159249