The history of Japan [electronic resource] : giving an account of the ancient and present state and government of that empire; of its temples, palaces, castles and other buildings; of its metals, minerals, trees, plants, animals, birds and fishes; of the chronology and succession of the emperors, ecclesiastical and secular; of the original descent, religions, customs, and manufactures of the natives, and of their trade and commerce with the Dutch and Chinese. Together with a description of the Kingdom of Siam. Written in High-Dutch by Engelbertus Kæmpfer, M.D. Physician to the Dutch Embassy to the Emperor's Court; and translated from his original manuscript, never before printed, by J.G. Scheuchzer, F.R.S. and a member of the College of Physicians, London. With the life of the author, and an introduction. Illustrated with many copper plates, ...
- Kaempfer, Engelbert, 1651-1716
- Uniform Title:
- Beschryving van Japan. English
- London : printed for the translator, MDCCXXVII. 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes(8 unnumbered pages, lii, 4 unnumbered pages, 612, 75, 11 unnumbered pages;2 unnumbered pages, 11, 1 unnumbered page), plates : maps ; 2⁰.
- On large paper., Titlepages in red and black., With an additional titlepage, engraved: 'Historia imperii Japonici' dated 1727 and a list of subscribers, in vol.1., Apparently a reissue of the 1727 edition, with a cancel titlepage in vol.1 only, dated 1728;, Vol. 2 has a second appendix inserted after the index, with separate pagination and register, and a titlepage dated 1728., Reproduction of original from Trinity College Library Watkinson Collection., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T124603.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6159481