Secret memoirs of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, prime minister and favourite of Queen Elizabeth [electronic resource] : Containing an instructive account of his ambition, designs, intrigues, excessive power; his engrossing the Queen, with the dangerous consequence of that practice, &c. Written during his life, and now published from an old manuscript. With a preface by Dr. Drake
- Uniform Title:
- Leycesters commonwealth
- London : Printed for Sam. Briscoe, and sold by Ben. Bragg, at the Blue-ball in Ave Mary-Lane, 1706.
- The second edition corrected.
- Physical Description:
- 34 unnumbered pages, 160, 163-210, 111-118 pages ; 8⁰.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Full text online
- First published in 1584 as 'The copie of a leter, wryten by a master of arte of Cambrige' and republished in 1641 as 'Leycester's common-wealth'; published in 1706 as 'Secret memoirs', of which edition this is a reissue, and subsequently reissued in 1708 as 'The perfect picture of a favourite', and in 1721 as 'The picture of a favourite'.
Text continuous despite pagination.
Titlepage and half-title are cancels.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T145844.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6160572