Proposals for printing an exact and ample account of all the books printed by William Caxton, who was the first printer in England [electronic resource] : Wherein will be set forth some select chapters from each book, to shew the nature and diction thereof, with all his proems, prologues, epilogues, and tables, in his own words. There will be also interspersed several ancient and curious matters relating to the history of England, and other curious subjects: with vocabulary of the old English words, and an explanation of them, which will greatly illustrate the ancient English language, as it was written in the reign of Edward III. and continued down to Henry VII. Kings of England, as contained in the writings of Thomas Woodstock Duke of Glocester, Anthony Woodville Earl Rivers, John Gower, Geoffry Chaucer, John Lydgate, and other famous persons. R. Minshull, library-keeper to the Right Honourable the Earl of Oxford deceas'd.
- Minshull, Randal
- [London?] : [publisher not identified], [1745?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 2⁰.
- With a specimen sheet for the proposed work.
The work never published?.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T147625.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6160689