A description of the empire of China and Chinese-Tartary, together with the kingdoms of Korea, and Tibet [electronic resource] : containing the geography and history (natural as well as civil) of those countries. Enrich'd with general and particular maps, and adorned with a gread number of cuts. From the French of P.J.B. Du Halde, Jesuit: with Notes geographical, historical, and critical; and other improvements, particularly in the mpas, by the translator. In two volumes
- Du Halde, J.-B. (Jean-Baptiste), 1674-1743
- Uniform Title:
- Description géographique, historique, chronologique, politique, et physique de l'empire de la Chine. English
- London : printed by T. Gardner in Bartholomew-Close, for Edward Cave, at St. John's Gate, MDCCXXXVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes,plates : maps,portraits ; 2⁰.
- The titlepage to vol. 2., dated 1741, bears the imprint: printed by Edward Cave.
With an index.
Reproduction of original from Trinity College Library Watkinson Collection.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T148343.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6160780