An abridgement of penal statutes, which exhibits at one view, in the following manner [electronic resource] : The offences Punishments or penalties Mode of recovery Application of penalties, &c. Number of witnesses What Justices The enacting statutes by William Addington, Esq; one of the assisting magistrates of the police, at the publick office, Bow-Street. N.B. This book contains near four thousand different articles, to which are prefixed several observations for the proper exposition of the statutes; and, as a farther improvement to it, great pains have been taken in collecting all matters on the same subject under their proper heads, and in adding at the end a very correct and compleat index of the whole, with some references to those excellent reports of Sir James Burrow, on particular cases relative to the conduct of magistrates
- Addington, William, Sir, -1811
- London : printed by W. Strahan and M. Woodfall, law printers to the King's Most Excellent Majesty. For the author, (whose name is signed by himself on the title-page of every book) and sold by his appointment, at Mr. William Hall's, stationer, in Gerrard-Street, Soho, [1777?]
- The second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 657, 33 unnumbered pages ; 4⁰.
- With an index and errata.
At foot of title page, below imprint: N.B. The author, from the great expence of printing this work, finds it necessary to publish it on his own account; but any of the trade, to whom the usual allowance will be made, may have what number they please, at the above place; and for the convenience of gentlemen the same may be had of Mr. Addington, at the Public Office in Bow-Street. Price 16s. in boards.
The words "Price 16s. in boards." are enclosed in brackets.
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T150436.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6161114