The Arcana of polite literature; or, A compendious dictionary of fabulous history [electronic resource] : Containing the characters and principal actions, ascribed to the heathen gods, goddesses, heroes, &c. And the manner in which the ancients represented the deities and heroes, virtues and vices, in their paintings, statues, and gems: together with an account of their poets, and references to the principal places mentioned in their works. Compiled in a pleasing, novel, and interesting manner: and intended as a complete pocket companion; for the use of those who with to understand mythology, poetry, painting, statuary, and theatrical entertainments
- Dublin : Printed by W. Gilbert, No. 26, South Great Ge[arr]e's-Street, MDCCLXXXIX. 
- Physical Description:
- 252 unnumbered pages, plate ; 12⁰.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Full text online
- Vertical chain lines.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T153178.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6161374