The modern cook's, and complete housewife's companion [electronic resource] : Being the largest and best collection of new receipts for dressing all sorts of meat, fowl, and fish; and for making ragoo's, fricassees, and pastry of all sorts. In a method never before published. With instructions for preparing and ordering publick entertainments for the tables of princes, ambassadors, noblemen, and magistrates: As also the least expensive methods of providing for private families, in a very elegant manner. Adorned with copper plates, exhibiting the order of placing the different dishes, &c. on the table, in the most polite way. To which are prefixed, directions for a house steward. By Mr. Vincent La Chapelle
- La Chapelle, Vincent
- Additional Titles:
- Modern cook
- London : Printed for R. Manby and H.S. Cox, on Ludgate-Hill, MDCCLI. 
- The fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, iv, 1 unnumbered page, x-xl, 432 pages, plates ; 8⁰.
- A reissue of the third edition of 1744, with a cancel titlepage.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T155091.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6161676