A Complete system of geography [electronic resource] : Being a description of all the countries, islands, cities, chief towns, harbours, lakes, and rivers, mountains, mines, &c. of the known world. Shewing the situation, extent, and boundaries of the several empires, kingdoms, republics, principalities, provinces, &c. their climate, soil, and produce; their principal buildings, manufactures, and trade; their government, policy, religion, manners, and customs; and the distance and bearing of all the principal towns from one another. Comprehending the history of the universe, both antient and modern; and the most material revolutions and changes that have happen'd in it, either by conquest or treaties; with whatever is curious and remarkable in the works of nature ... art. To which is prefixed, An introduction to geography, as a science: An explanation of maps: The doctrine of the sphere: The system of the world: And a philosophical treaties of the earth, sea, air, and meteors. The whole illustrated with seventy maps, all new-drawn and engraved by Emanuel Bowen, according to the latest discoveries and surveys; and printed on distinct half-sheets, the full size of the book; making of themselves a complete atlas, for the use of all gentlemen, merchants, mariners, and others, who delight in history and geography. This work, extracted from several hundred books of travels and history, is brought down to the present time; preserving all that is useful in the fourth and last edition of the complete geographer, publish'd under the name of Herman Moll, &c.
- London : Printed for William Innys, Richard Ware, Aaron Ward, John and Paul Knapton, John Clarke, Thomas Longman, Thomas Osborne, Henry Whitridge, Richard Hett, Charles Hitch, Stephen Austen, Edmund Comyns, James Hodges, Andrew Millar, John and Henry Pemderton, and John Rivington, MDCCXLIV. 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes,plates : maps ; 2⁰.
- Titlepages in red and black.
Published in 144 numbered parts.
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T163339.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6162341