The English art of cookery, according to the present practice [electronic resource] : being a complete guide to all housekeepers, on a plan entirely new; consisting of thirty-eight chapters. Containing proper directions for marketing, and trussing of poultry. The making soups and broths. Dressing all sorts of fish. Sauces for every occasion. Boiling and roasting. Baking, broiling, and frying. Stews and hashes. Made dishes of every sort. Ragous and fricasees. Directions for dressing all sorts of roots and vegetables. All sorts of aumlets and eggs. puddings, pies, tarts, &c. Pancakes and fritters. Cheese-cakes, and custards. Blanc'mange, jellies, and syllabubs. Directions for the sick. Directions for seafaring men. Preserving, syrups, and conserves. Drying and candying. All sorts of cakes. Hogs puddings, sausages, &c. Potting, and little cold dishes. The art of carving. Collaring, salting, and sousing. Pickling. To keep garden vegetables, &c. A catalogue of things in season. Made wines and cordial waters. Brewing. English and French bread, &c. With bills of fare for every month in the year. By Richard Briggs, many years cook at the Globe-Tavern, Fleet-street; the White-Hart Tavern, Holborn; and now at the Temple Coffee-House, London
- Briggs, Richard
- Cork : Printed by J. Connor, Circulating-Library, 35, Grand-Parade, [1790?]
- A new edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv,24,534 pages ; 12⁰.
- Reproduction of original from National Library of Ireland. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T165961.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6163025