The guide to preferment [electronic resource] : Or; Powell's complete book of cookery, containing, the newest and best receipts in cookery, for roasting, boiling, broiling, frying, fricaseys, hashing, stewing, force meats, potting, ragoos, collaring, salting and drying, soups, broth and gravy, baking, pies and pasties, tarts, puddings, cakes, cheesecakes, custards, jellies, conserving, candying, preserving, and connectionary, pickling, making wines. Likewise the best methods of marketing, to know the goodness and badness of each particular sort of eatables, that you want to buy of the butchers, poulterers, fishmongers, cheesemongers, pork shops, ham shops, Bacon warehouses, egg warehouses, &c. and to prevent being cheated. With the forms of placing dishes on a table, either in the middling or genteclest taste. Very necessay for ladies, gentlemen and their servants
- Powell, B.
- London : Thomas Bailey, printer, [1785?]
- Physical Description:
- 11, 1 unnumbered page.9-184 pages : illustrations ; 8⁰.
- Price on title page: Price 1s. 6d.
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T166493.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6163204