The mock senator; a pleasant Arabian tale. Written originally in Arabick by Kara Mustapha Bashaw Reis Effendi, or clerk of the scribes of the Ottoman Port, now faithfully rendred into English [electronic resource].
- Kara Mustapha
- [Edinburgh?] : [publisher not identified], [1721?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 2⁰.
- Kara Mustapha Bashaw is a pseudonym.
A satire on 'Mr P: Ha-n', i.e. Patrick Haldane, M.P. for Perth Burghs, written while he was seeking appointment by the Crown as a Lord of Session; after several lawsuits concerning the legality of his appointment, it was in December 1721 confirmed by the House of Lords.
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T173363.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Foxon, M357
View MARC record | catkey: 6165394