A sermon preached at St. Peter's Church in Colchester on Tuesday, June 24, 1777 [electronic resource] : Being the festival of St. John the baptist, before the provincial grand master, and the provincial grand lodge, of the antient and honorable society of free and accepted Masons of Essex. By the Revd. William Martin Leake, L.L.B. late of St. Peter's College, Cambridge, and vicar of Fingringhoe, Essex. To which is added a charge which was delivered to the members of a lodge, held at the Castle Inn, Marlborough, at a meeting for the distribution of charity, to twenty-four poor people, at which most of the ladies in Marlborough were present, September 11, A.L. 5769; by Thomas Dunckerley, Esq. then provincial grand master for Hampshire, and now for Essex. Also an address which was delivered by the Rev. Henry Chalmers, A.M. & P.M. in the lodge of prefect friendship, held in the town of Chelmsford, Essex, on the festival of St. John the baptist, A.L. 5767
- Leake, William Martin, 1746 or 1747-1801
- Colchester : Printed and sold by W. Keymer; sold also by Mr. Sewell, in Cornhill, and Mr. Robinson, in Paternoster-Row, London, 1778.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 40 pages ; 8⁰.
- With a list of subscribers.
Reproduction of original from Cambridge University Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T175148.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6166064