The way to be rich and respectable [electronic resource] : Addressed to men of small fortune. In this pamphlet is given an estimate, shewing that a gentleman, with a wife, four children, and five servants, may, residing in the country, with a few acres of land, live as well as, and make an appearance in life equal to, a man of 1000l. a year, and yet not expend 400l. including the rent both of house and land; and still be able, in the course of 20 years, to lay by 2500l. The plan of living, in this estimate, is not ideal only, but has been absolutely pursued by the author many years. Such as are fond of farming, will here find the expences attending, and the profits arising from, the cultivation of land, feeding of sheep, &c. &c.
- Trusler, John, 1735-1820
- London : Printed for the author; and sold by R. Baldwin, Pater-noster Row; and all booksellers in town and country, [1780?]
- The third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages ; 8⁰.
- Anonymous. By John Trusler.
Price in square brackets: (Price 1s. 6d.)
Reproduction of original from University of London's Goldsmiths' Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T175828.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Goldsmiths', 14500
View MARC record | catkey: 6166317