The Masque [electronic resource] : A new and select collection of the best English, Scotch, and Irish songs, catches, duets, and cantatas, in the true spirit and taste of the three different nations. Collected from all the numerous books of this kind that have been published from the first appearance of such works to the present time; besides from many other sources neglected or overlooked by the editors of other collections; including every celebrated song that has been sung at the public gardens and theatres, either the last or any preceding season; with a great number of valuable originals interspersed in the work as they were occasionally obtained. Being an attempt to improve upon others in the true spirit of social mirth and good fellowship, without forgetting the respect that is due to the public. To which is added, a complete collection of the various toasts, sentiments, and hob-nobs that are now in vogue
- London : Printed for Richardson and Urquhart, under the Royal-Exchange, 1767.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, xvi, 332, plate ; 12⁰.
- Without the music.
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T178399.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6167286