An almanack: or, Diary astronomical, meteorological, astrological, for the year of our lord, 1720 [electronic resource] : It being leap-year. Containing, the solar-ingresses, eclipses of the luminaries, rising and setting of the sun. A table of the sun's declination, fit for sea-men, or others; with divers tables of good life. Calculated for the famous city of Dublin, whose latitude is 53 degrees, 20 minutes north. To which are added, some surprizing paradoxes, arithmetical, and geometrical questions, enigma's, &c. with many delightful and entertaining particulars, peculiarly adapted for the use and diversion of both sexes. Also a discourse of the equation of time, the method of adjusting clocks and watches. By John Knapp, watch and clock-maker, at the sign of the dyal, at the Lower-End of St. Peter's-Church-Lane, on the key, Cork
- Knapp, John, lover of the mathematics
- Dublin : Printed by and for Elizabeth Sadleir in School-House-Lane; and sold by the book-sellers, 1720.
- Physical Description:
- 42, 6 unnumbered pages ; 8⁰.
- First gathering printed in red and black.
Brace(s) in title or imprint.
Reproduction of original from National Library of Ireland.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T182208.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6168549