The house-keeper's pocket-book and compleat family cook [electronic resource] : Containing above seven hundred curious and uncommon receipts, in cookery, pastry, preserving, pickling, candying, collaring, &c. With plain and easy instructions for preparing and dressing every thing suitable for an elegant entertainment, from two dishes on five or ten, &c. and directions for ranging them in their proper order. To which is prefix'd, Such a copious and useful bill of fare of all manner of provisions in season for every month of the year, that ... need be at a loss to provide an agreeable variety of dishes, at a moderate expence. with directions for making all sorts of wings, mead, cyder, shrub, &c. and distilling strong-waters, &c. after the most approv'd method. ... with many excellent prescriptions, of singular [remedy] in most distempers incident to the human body; extracted from the writings of the most eminent physicians. By Mrs. Sarah Harrison, of Devonshire
- Harrison, Sarah, active 1733-1777
- London : printed for R. Ware, at the Bible and Son in Amen-Corner Warwick-lane, 1763.
- The third edition, corrected and improv'd, with the addition of four hundred genuine receipts, sent to the author by several worthy persons.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 268, 12 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 12⁰.
- Following imprint (in square brackets): Price 2s. 6d.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T190829.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6171059