The instructor; or, Young man's best companion [electronic resource] : Containing spelling, reading, writing, and arithmetic, in an easier way than any yet published. Instructions to write variety of hands, with copies. How to write letters on business or friendship; forms of indentures, bonds, bills of sale, receipts, wills, leases, releases, &c. Merchants accounts, and a short and easy method of shop and book-keeping; with a description of the product, counties, and market-towns in England and Wales, and a list of English and Scots fairs according to the new-style. The method of measuirng carpenters, joiners, sawyers, bricklayers, plasterers, plumbers, masons, glasiers, and painters work. How to undertake each work, and at what price; the rates of each commodity, and the common wages of journeymen, with the description of gunter's line, and coggeshall's sliding-rule. The practical gauger made easy; the art of dialling, and how to erect and six dials; with instructions for dying, colouring, and making colours; and some general observations for gardening every month in the year. To which are added, the family's best companion; and a compendium of geography and astronomy. Also, some useful interest-tables. By George Fisher, accountant
- Fisher, George (Accomptant)
- Edinburgh : Printed by John Gray and Gavin Alston. Sold at their printing house in Jackson's close, MDCCLXVIII. 
- The twenty-second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xii,384 pages, plates : illustrations ; 12⁰.
- Reproduction of original from British Library. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T204985.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6175668