The practical farrier [electronic resource] : or, Full instructions for country gentlemen, farmers, graziers, farriers, carriers, sportsmen, &c. Containing rules for breeding and training up of colts; a very curious collection of well-experienced observations; and upwards of two hundred practical receipts, for the cure of all common distempers incident to horses, oxen, cows, calves, sheep, lambs, hogs, dogs, digested under their proper heads; many of which have been practised for many years with great success, and the rest taken from the latest and most approved authors, noblemen, and gentlemen, &c. viz. Capt. Burdon, Dr. Bracken, Lord Orrery, General Seymour, Sir John Packington, Portman Seymour, Esq; Mr. Solleysell, Mr. Gibson, Mr. Snape, Mr. Thornton, Mr. Nicholson, Mr. Mascall, Mr. Shuttleworth, Mr. Fitzherbert, Mr. Tyson, &c. By a Society of country gentlemen, farmers, graziers, sportsmen, &c. The fifth edition. With the addition of several curious receipts
- Corporate Author:
- Society of country gentlemen, farmers, grasiers, sportsmen, &c.
- Uniform Title:
- Full instructions for, country gentlemen, farmers, grasiers, farriers, carriers, sportsmen, &c
- London : printed and sold by T. Longman, at the Ship in Pater-noster-Row; and T. Astley, at the Rose, over against the North Door of St. Paul's, 1739.
- Physical Description:
- 91, 1 unnumbered page ; 8⁰.
- The first two editions were published in 1732 with the title reading: 'Full instructions for, country gentlemen, farmers, grasiers, farriers, carriers, sportsmen, &c.'.
In title, "Horses, ... dogs," is printed in 4 lines, 2 columns with a pair of braces between; "Capt. Burdon, ... Mr. Tyson, &c." is printed in 8 lines, 2 columns with a pair of braces between.
Following imrpint: Price 1s.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T211526.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6177233