A vindication of the conduct of Captain Christopher Middleton, in a late voyage on board His Majesty's ship the Furnace [electronic resource] : For discovering a north-west passage to the Western American Ocean. In answer to certain objections and aspersions of Arthur Dobbs, Esq; with an appendix: containing the captain's instructions; councils held; reports of the inferior officers; letters between Mr. Dobbs, Capt. Middleton, &c. Affidavits and other vouchers refer'd to in the captain's answers, &c. With as much of the log-journal as relates to the discovery. The whole as lately deliver'd to the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty. To which is annex'd, an account of the extraordinary degrees and surprizing effects of cold in Hudson's Bay, North-America, read before the Royal Society. By Christopher Middleton, late commander of the Furnace, and F.R.S.
- Middleton, Christopher, -1770
- Dublin : Printed by and for Isaac Jackson in Meath-street; J. Kinneir and Z. Martineau on the Lower Blind-Quay; and James Esdall in Fishamble-street, printers, M,DCC,XLIV. 
- Physical Description:
- 168,48 pages : map ; 8⁰.
- With the 'Logg journal' which is separately paginated.
Reproduction of original from National Library of Ireland.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T213083.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6177546