The universal letter-writer: or, New art of polite correspondence [electronic resource] : Containing a course of interesting original letters, on the most important, instructive, and entertaining subjects, which may serve as copies for inditing letters on the various occurrences in life. Particularly on advice, affection, affluence, benevolence, business, children to parents, compliments, condolence, courtship, diligence, education, fidelity, folly, friendship, generosity, happiness, humanity, humour, industry, justice, love, marriage, matters to servants, modesty, morality, œconomy, parents to children, paternal affection, piety, pleasure, prodigality, prudence, religion, retirement, servants to masters, trade, truth, virtue, wit, &c. and a set of complimental cards, suited to the various occasions on which an extraordinary degree of politeness should be observed. To which is added, the complete petitioner: containing great variety of petitions, on various subjects, from persons in low or middling states of life, to those in higher stations. Also, a new, plain, and easy grammar of the English language, and directions for addressing persons of all ranks, either in writing or discourse. Likewise forms of mortgages, letters of licence, bonds, indentures, wills, wills and powers, letters [sic] of attorney, &c.&c. &c. as they are now executed by gentlemen of distinguishing abilities in the law. By the Rev. Thomas Cook, A.B. and one of the Authors of The new royal and universal dictionary of arts and sciences
- Cooke, Thomas, Rev., A.B.
- London : Printed for A. Millar, W. Law, and R. Cater; and for Wilson, Spence, and Mawman, York, Anno 1796.
- Physical Description:
- 228 pages, plate ; 12⁰.
- The London part of the imprint is false; probably printed at York., The Nottingham University Library copy has additional imprint stamped below the date: "Sold also by James Mann, Edinburgh"., Reproduction of original from British Library., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T213247.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6177595