Specimen of a poem on God and nature [electronic resource] : Translated from Card. Polignac's Anti-Lucretius: sive de deo et natura libri novem ad quintium. To which are added an account of the work, and proposals for printing a translation of the whole, with the Latin original in the opposite pages
- Polignac, Melchior de, 1661-1742?
- Uniform Title:
- Anti-Lucretius. English. Prospectus
- London : Published by M. Payne, in Pater-noster-Row, where orders are taken in for this work, May 4, 1748.
- Physical Description:
- 9, 3 unnumbered pages ; 8⁰.
- William Dobson's translation of the 'Anti-Lucretius' was published in 1757.
In this edition the text ends on p. 9 and "[Large paper.]" is printed beneath the imprint; the three final pages contain an 'Account of the work' and 'Conditions.'.
A variant lacks "[Large paper.]" beneath the imprint.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T216408.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6178080