A compleat and humorous account of all the remarkable clubs and societies in the cities of London and Westminster, [f]rom the R-l-S-y down to the Lumber-Troop, &c [electronic resource] : Their original, with characters of the most noted members; containing great [va]riety of entertaining discourses, erolicks, and adventures of the principal managers and members; a work of great use and curiosity. [C]ompil'd from the original papers of a gent. who [fr]equented those places upwards of twenty years
- Ward, Edward, 1667-1731
- Uniform Title:
- History of the London clubs
- London : [Pri]nted for the author, and sold by M. Cooper in Pater-noster Row, MDCCXLVI. 
- The second edition.
- Physical Description:
- x, 2 unnumbered pages, 120, 201-327, 3 unnumbered pages ; 12⁰.
- A Gent. = Edward Ward.
Apparently originally published in two parts in 1709 as 'The history of the London clubs'.
The text and register are continuous despite the pagination.
With a final advertisement leaf.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T226014.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6180481