The Miller and she ass [electronic resource] : I. Shewing how a poor miller out-witted his landlord who had a great desire to lie with his wife, proffering forgive him two years rent that he owed, and to make over the mill to him for his consent. II. How the landlord sent his man to the miller for his wife, under the name of a she-ass. III. How the landlord bid his man to desire the house-keeper, to dress the ass in a smock and pinners, and to put her to bed in the chamber, which was done accordingly; how he came home and went to bed, thinking to embrace the miller's wife, but to his surprize, was kick'd out of bed by the ass; how he turned the ass out of doors, with smock, pinners and all; with the comical humours of the country folks next day with the ass
- Dublin : Printed by B. Corcoran, on the Inn's Quay near the Cloyster's, [between 1746 and 1775?]
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 8⁰
- Dates derived from address in imprint on information given in the Catalogue of the Bradshaw collection of Irish books (1916)
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T300197.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6182182